An introduction to facilitate understanding of how PBS can improve quality of life for people we support and their supporters. We offer practical insight on how it works and how to embed the principles.
How is the course delivered?
- The course is a one-day course which can be delivered online or face to face.
How long will the course take?
- The course will take six learning hours (breaks included) with a 30-minute lunch break.
What are the aims?
The course has been developed for people who support individuals with learning disabilities, mental health issues and/or behaviours that challenge.
It will enable participants to enhance the quality of life for the person they are supporting and to help identify and address the underlying needs of an individual that leads to behaviours that challenge.
Content of the course
- What is challenging behaviour?
- Our responses to challenging behaviour.
- Functions/purpose of the behaviour and ABC documentation.
- Why do people challenge, antecedents and setting events.
- Positive and non-punitive strategies.
- Multi-element support plan.
- Proactive, active, and reactive strategies.
- Impact on staff.
- Understanding restrictive and non-restrictive physical interventions.
- To be able to define PBS and outline its key features.
- List the functions of behaviour.
- Understand the function of a behaviour relating to the person they support.
- Understand the purpose of ABC charts.
- Outline the key aspects of the multi-element model.
- Understand proactive, active, and reactive strategies.
- Identify areas for improvement relating to the current support plan.
- Apply relevant legislation.
Cost and how to book?
Online courses cost from £700.00 with up to 12 participants. Face to face training delivered onsite is also available and prices can be discussed.
Thank you for your interest in this course. We welcome your enquiries so please email us for more information, for our prices and how to book.